Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Lessons

As much as I enjoy learning...

As much as I enjoy the challenges of medicine...

As much as I love medicine (good days and bad)...

I'm realizing that there are depths to human beings that I will never understand and situations that will drain me in every way a person can be drained.

I'm learning that sometimes what I see day-to-day has the power to break my heart into a million pieces.

Today was one of those days. I can't go into details because the case I was in on has gotten some news time and you can never be entirely sure who reads your blog. All I can say is that it's amazing to me how medicine can blow your mind and break your heart at the same time.

To be quite frank, I'm worried that one day something I see will break my heart so completely that there are no pieces left to put back together.

What then?

No comments:

Post a Comment