Thursday, January 17, 2013

Why one should never buy me expensive things...

I lose a lot of things...

-iPods (yes, plural, because I've now lost 3 of them)
-Watches (why I almost never wear them anymore)
-Debit/credit cards/checkbook (once, I had to pick through the used laundry in the morgue because forgot that I left my card in the pocket of my scrubs and tossed them in the hamper...totally gross experience, btw).
-Car keys/ house keys/ mailbox keys...any kind of key, really
-Important documents
-Driver's license
-Wedding ring
-A diamond earring (which in all fairness was retrieved after I dropped it down the sink drain but goes a long way in explaining why I've never received any other expensive jewelry from Chris).
-Socks and many other articles of clothing
-Call pager (and oh, how I wish it had remained lost...)
 ... and so forth...

If a vortex of lost items exists, I'd sure like to run into it because I'm pretty sure I've kept it well stocked over the years.

It's so frustrating, being a motile black hole.  And now, I've lost my phone, albeit for very different reasons.  I lost my phone when I failed to keep track of said phone's position relatively to my glass of water.  I brushed my cell phone off of my nightstand and into an uncovered cup of water on the floor when the damn call pager shrieked and caused me to wake up, disoriented and grabbing blindly for the noisy culprit.

If I'm being honest, it was time to replace the piece of junk anyway, because the alarm clock function was starting to get a little sketchy.  And really, I'd been looking at new phones anyway but had been indecisive and somewhat unwilling to shell out several hundred dollars.  But fate (and the call pager) made my decision for me, which is how I find myself with a new iPhone5.

So pardon me if I'm a little obsessive with my new phone - but given the above track record, can you really blame me?





No comments:

Post a Comment